Guidance on how to apply for a primary school place
- Applications for a primary school place can be made from Saturday 1 September 2018 for children born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015.
- The deadline for on time applications is Tuesday 15 January 2019.
- Offers of a primary school place will be made to Swindon residents on Tuesday 16 April 2019.
- The deadline for parents to accept this school place is Tuesday 30 April 2019.
William Morris Primary School is part of the Blue Kite Academy Trust. The Academy is the Admitting Authority for the school and is therefore responsible for determining its own admission policy and arrangements in line with the Admissions Code of Practice and Swindon Local Authority’s Admissions Schemes. Swindon Local Authority administers all admissions for the school, on behalf of the Governing Body for the school.
Timing of Admission
A child is entitled to full time place in school from the September after their fourth birthday. A place is allocated for your child to start at the beginning of term, however where parents wish, a child may attend part-time until they reach statutory school age.
Parents / carers are able to make an online application or apply using a hard copy application form. All applications must be submitted to Swindon Local Authority Admissions Team. If you make an online application you do not need to also make a hard copy application. Parents can express a preference for up to three schools.
- The closing date for all applications is the Tuesday 15 January 2019. All applications must be submitted by this date.
- Offers will be made to parents by Swindon Local Authority on Tuesday 16 April 2019.
- Any child refused a place at a school will be put on a waiting list for that school and informed of their right to appeal against this decision.
- Parents / carers must accept or refuse the offer of a school place by Tuesday 30 April 2019.
Published Admissions Number (PAN)
The published admission number for Reception in September 2019 will be 60.
A Published Admission Number (PAN) is agreed for each school annually and defines the number of places available for the year of entry. All applications must be agreed until the PAN has been reached.
For further guidance and to make an application please visit: www.swindon.gov.uk/admissions